There are numerous solar companies in the solar power industry. Hence, winning projects is no piece of cake. In fact, to win over projects, you’ll have to charge lesser than your rivals and be recognized as an expert in solar energy and installation.
The best way to win over projects is to be a solar expert. Being a solar expert, you should help customers decide how many panels they will require on their roofs to power their homes or firms.
This article is a compilation of marketing strategies to sell your business in such a way that you’ll be regarded as an expert and the most qualified candidate for the project. The beauty of these strategies is that they are either free or affordable to implement.
1. Launch a Website to Gain Recognition in your Industry
A great way for digital marketability is to be searchable and accessible online. To become searchable and accessible online, you need to have a website. Your company can implement the marketing policies by providing information for their prospective customers to know more about them.
Your website becomes a marketer on behalf of the company. So it should have great sales copies as its content. It’s the digital equivalent of a storefront for your company. Through your website, you can generate leads and give detailed information on each product.
The beauty of a website is that it’s accessible 24/7, which means it can generate leads and conversions while you’re asleep.
2. Utilize Google Listing Services
Your company should create a Google business profile.
To do this:
- Click the link: business.google.com/create
- Login using your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, use that opportunity to create one.
- Input the name of your business. Alternatively, if Google can locate your business online, simply select it. If it can’t, all the more reason to create a Google listing. So click ‘add your business to Google’.
- Follow whatever comes up till you complete the listing.
After completing the listing, wait for a confirmation from Google to authenticate your business address. Shortly after you’ve verified, your business profile will appear.
3. Post Regularly on your Blog
A lot of company websites have a blog incorporated with them. They use it to post content regularly, which helps with search results ranking. Your company should take advantage of this. By posting regularly on your blog, you improve your visibility online and provide value to your target audience. WordPress is a great content management system. You can have it integrated with your website. To post on your blog, go to “Posts” and click “add new.”
Having a blog comes with a lot of perks.
- The opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise
- Teach readers and add value
- Share your opinions on specific topics
- Generate leads from site visitors
In essence, with a blog, you can market your company and draw patronage by fostering credibility and trust. Gone are the days when subtle deception was the strategy to get support. Instead, you need to establish a brand image through your blog.
4. Get Publicity Through HARO (Help A Reporter Out)
Journalists connect with solar companies via the website- HARO. Thrice every day, journalists send emails to various solar companies to solicit their expert views on a specific topic. By registering as a source, you’ll be able to get and respond to these emails.
- Visit the helpareporter website and sign up.
- Follow the instructions till you complete the registration process.
- After completion, you can check the “Energy and Green Tech” section of the website. You can also check “business and finance” as well.
- Select those two sections and click “save and update”.
You will be receiving three emails daily. If you send the best or, in some cases, the earliest response, you might be named as a source in the article they write.
Usually, that means they will include a link to your site and mention your name and that of your company.